Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Night Insight...

Tonight I had a date with my favorite steady...Kroger. The trip inside was up to par as expected, but the parking lot left me a little unsettled. I almost hit a child in the parking lot who was running away from his mother. He might have been 2 or so and thankfully I was driving really slowly so I didn't squash him. As I got out of my car, the child had run into the buggy holding area and was jumping/playing on all of the buggies. I was walking towards the store and the kid just jumped off the buggy and it went rolling right towards my car! I turned around, busted a small jog and snatched it up before it could add yet another scratch/ding/dent to my car. I put it back in the buggy hold and the barely English speaking mom meekly said "sorry." That got me kind of hot under the collar(as relatively small things have been doing lately) and then when I came out of Kroger this lady parked in the very first handicapped spot by the door who seemed to have full range of motion in all of her extremities, wasn't very old, and generally appeared to be healthy felt the need to not walk maybe the 18 or so extra feet round trip to put her buggy up. So I grabbed it and dropped it off on the way to my car. It's just courtesy people! So I'm stewing on the way home. On Glenn there are these crosswalks for people that aren't lit at all, but there are yield signs by them, but when it's dark outside it's really hard sometimes to see people and I've more than a few times almost hit someone. That got me to this: God is like a yield sign. When you listen to him and are paying attention to him you will yield to him and what he has planned for you. If you're just be-boppin' along, listening to your radio turned up really loud not paying attention, he will get your attention by running into you, and it's not always pretty. He has a way of doing things and will gently put signs or people in your path, but if you don't pay attention He will get His way. He'll lightly tap your shoulder until He's tired of waiting, and then he might just kick you square in the butt to finally get you to snap to it. It's easier to listen the first time. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment