Sunday, March 29, 2009
I Didn't Pass Out, Throw Up or Cry!
I had my first 2 clinicals this past week and was terrified! Monday was spent choking back vomit all day, and of course I couldn't sleep that night. But Tuesday morning I got up, ate breakfast and just bit the bullet. And you know what? It wasn't nearly as terrible as I imagined. Granted, the lady I was assigned to was pretty cool. We just mostly chatted and then I painted her fingernails. No bed baths on the first day! I did have to assess her abdomen and wasn't really sure what an 8 decades old belly would look like. Just round and pale. So that was really the extent of things I thought might be traumatic on day 1. Since the first day was so great I just knew the second one would be hell. But again I was wrong. Although I did have to do a bed bath! Again, it could have been way worse....the worst part, which again wasn't really too too too terrible was having to pick up her mammary and wash underneath it. I did die a little inside, but am realizing that these people are just so thankful to be taken care of that it's not really that awkward. My first 2 ladies were great, hopefully everyone else will be too, which I'm pretty sure is highly unlikely. 2 more this week, maybe this whole thing won't be as bad as previously imagined. Next time will have a picture of me looking oh so hot in my super sexy uniform!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment