Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's been a long day...


....and it's only Tuesday. Class this morning was forever long...8-12:30 with 2 short breaks totaling 15 minutes. It can definitely make one(me) cranky. Nothing specific made me cranky, I guess it was just being in a windowless classroom for that long. Needless to say, I doodled alot today in my notes. I always draw stupid little things in my margins and lots(read: all) of my pages are covered hearts, stars, flowers, checker boards(think UT endzone) and my name. Why I write my name over and over and over again I cannot say. But I did hear on NBC Nightly News(I really miss Tom Brokaw, but still love Brian Williams) the other night that people who doodle are more intelligent and actually better retain the information they hear when they doodle. Who knew that not paying attention is what actually makes me smart?! Enough of school talk except to say that I'm including a picture of me, "Sister Sue," and a catheter in this blog. I tried to respect her privacy but didn't quite lean down far enough! Sister Sue was my 1/3 of a person who's genitalia was not interchangeable...I know she's thankful! We named her Sister Sue because we have to pretend these are real people and talk to them and explain the procedure and such and such. So "How are you doing today Sister Sue?" replaced the "What up ho?" I usually reserve for all of our other mannequins. We have to find humor somewhere or we would all hang ourselves with NG tubes. Wait, I do remember one contributor to my crankiness...Winn-Dixie. You all should know by now about my absolute obsession and devotion to Kroger. Yes I'm in love with my grocery store, but that could be a whole other post. Annyyywaysss...I had lots of groceries(I only had 3 cans of tomato soup in my whole house) and things to buy, and if my Kroger has one flaw it's that the aisles are really small and it's not a whole lot of fun to try and manuever a buggy around, much less one that is full of stuff. I could not find anyone to go to Wal-Mart with me(you should all also know about me by now that I cannot go to Wal-Mart by myself as it induces too much anxiety) so I was stuck going to Winn-Dixie. It was so expensive! And I didn't even get everything I needed. So I had to go to Kroger today, admit I cheated and ask for forgiveness. When I was there it was like Kroger was laughing at me. Honest to Zeus everything I bought at Winn-Dixie was on super clearance sale at Kroger. Of course. Lesson learned. Another crankiness inducer...The Bachelor last night. Seriously? Is there hope for no one? I guess not. I think I feel better now, lots off of my chest.

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are great! I seem to take enjoyment in your crankiness, Sorry! Keep them coming, it might be a way to get a lot off your chest but it is a way for me to have a smile for the day.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to shop at Kroger because its right across the street, but I would much rather shop at Publix. My problem with Kroger and Winn-Dixie is that they make you use one of those stupid discount cards (and I HATE carrying around cards)!!! Publix, on the other hand, simply gives you the discount without a card. Life is easier this way.

    ReplyDelete