Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Augghh! More from Foley-ville!
So the first post on here is from last week...just a little intro to my brain. This one is actually from today. More catheter talk in class today. I seriously could cry! Between the terminology(couldn't we name things that sound a little nicer?) and the actual physical actions(Seriously? You want me to do that?) I am in my own Hell. We listened to lecture for a bit today, and then watched a demonstration on a model/mannequin that has interchangeable genitalia...I'm thinking that my ideal patient would just not have any at all! After the fact, we all got to take a cath kit home to practice...not the actual insertion, just the stuff you have to do before hand. It can be kind of tricky not to contaminate your sterile field while you're "retracting the (insert anatomically correct genital name here) with your non-dominant hand." AUGGHH! Could I be any more uncomfortable? Anywho, the teacher had to actually tell us NOT TO USE THE KITS ON ANYONE! As if it doesn't go without saying! Apparently, in the past someone tried to do so with not so happy consequences. First of all...who that you know would you want to do this on? SECOND, who would let you?? Hey hun, sure, I'll let you insert that pretty long tube into my urethra just for giggles. Ummm, no. Wow. This might cause me permanent damage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment