Monday, May 18, 2009
I'm Falling Apart...
SO, in the past week here are the ailments that I have actually and totally all in my mind suffered from: TSS (send me a message for the super fun 14+ hour details), an unidentified rash that spread from my forearms to my upper arms, to my waistband, to my earlobes! (initially thought to be related to TSS but Google informed me otherwise) that seems to be from quite a scary bug bite on my arm, and what has been diagnosed by my nursing school friends as "skin breakdown" aka: pressure ulcer/bedsore on my wrist from noneother than......my watch, and quite the negative reaction to some sushi I ate the other night. Oh, the perils of being 25. My rash was the most pressing issue on my list until the nasty place on my wrist showed up. It is in the shape of a perfect circle(like the back of my watch) and at first appeared to be a burn like lesion until I was informed that no, in fact it was skin breakdown from wearing my FREAKING WATCH all the time. Seriously? I can't win for losing. So all of you out there who have had issue with my watch, now you can just have beef with the nasty spot it has left on my wrist. I feel somewhat like a leper because it looks pretty funky, but at least I'm not dying of TSS. Always a silver lining right? On a happier note, I attended not one, but two baby showers for one of my BFF's this weekend and had a great time....even if I did spill Red Bull all over Lauren's couch! So for all of you wondering(probably not many) what I have been doing since school got out it has involved a lot of knitting and cake making! I made that best cake ever for Brandy's baby shower and will include a picture of it(and most likely several others I have made that I am proud of) in my next post. I also knit and am quite the proud peacock over some SUPER cute booties, hand mitts and a little toboggan that I made for baby Avery! The sun has been harboring some kind of vendetta against me, therefore effectively diminshing my recent lovely hue of bronze, and I have been stuck inside all day left to my own devices for the past two weeks! Next post will most surely be all pictures(only if I locate 1 of the 3 camera plugger-innie thingies I have for my camera, all of which are MIA at the moment!) and if you're lucky will include one of my watch(I know you're excited!) and present Stage I pressure ulcer on my wrist! In closing I offer a valuable piece of advice once bestowed upon me by someone: "The further you are from a coast, the more questionable the sushi." Ahhh, that wasn't very helpful at 1:45 this morning when !!!WARNING!!! !!!GRAPHIC!!! I didn't know whether to stand in front of, or sit on the toilet. AND THAT ladies and gentleman is how nursing school will make you 100% comfortable discussing ALL of your bodily functions...be thankful I spared you the details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment