Monday, May 4, 2009

School's Out For the Summer!

Yay! No more classes, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks! My first semester of nursing school is over and I did smashingly if I do say so myself with 2 A's and 1 B. I am really excited to have the summer off, but kind of wish I didn't. When you start in January at my school you get the first summer off...so school is only 5 semesters, but it takes you 6 to finish. This is great news for my tan, but bad news for the schedule I had been on and my brain acuity. Actually, come to think of it, I need an extended break, my brain is full and I can think of no better way to empty it than by the pool all summer! I'll keep blogging, it just won't be about school. I know there are several things I'd been 'saving' in my head to blog about...but can't seem to think of any of them. You know random little things,oh here's one, I had to buy a watch for school to take pulses and count respirations and so on. I have a nice fossil watch, but the battery is dead and I didn't really care to fix it so I headed to Wal-Mart. The watch is white, plastic, kind of sporty-ish and most importantly was only $9. I wear it all the time so I won't ever not have it when I need it, and because I hate wearing watches and just don't take it off once I've gotten used to it. All of that to say this: I was out the other night with some friends. I was looking kind of cute with my new black maxi dress on...and of course my watch. I was in line for the bathroom and this friend of a friend GRABBED my wrist and said "Seriously?" What I wanted to say was "Yeah bi-atch, seriously." But instead politely deferred to my nursing school/I hate watches explanation. To which she replied "Oh Whew, I was wondering!" Oh were you wondering, girl I had never met before tonight? How thoughtful of you to be worried about the quality of my accessorization! I was slightly offended to say the least. So that was that and now I wear it all the time anyway because I don't care and it's nice knowing what time it is without having to dig in my purse for cell phone. On to my most pressing problem right at this very moment...my remote control is MIA, I cannot locate it anywhere! The last channel my TV was on was VH1 for Best Week Ever and since I've been too lazy to change it my brain is being turned to mush with Tough Love, Rock of Daisy and all of the other TERRIBLE reality shows they have. Enough for now, will let you know when someone else makes me mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment